Skip to main content
Reference librarians are available to help Bishop's students and faculty with their research!
Check the Library's Research Assistance hours (above) and come by the Library Service Desk located on the main floor of the LLC.
During Research Assistance hours, you can also chat with us using the LibChat box on this page or on our Library Home Page!
Telephone: (819) 822-9600 ext. 2608
Text: (819) 201-0345
Resources at Bishop's
We have a new search system!
Resources at Bishop's University Library that are available to Bishop's students and faculty
Click on the following categories for more information
- Bishop's students have access to all of the print books and eBooks available in the Bishop's Library Learning Commons (LLC).
- Bishop's professors can place materials on Reserve for their class.
- Students can use the Course Reserves to find items on Reserve for their class.
- Items on Reserve need to be asked for at the Library Services Desk
Print journals, newspapers & magazines
- Bishop's users have access to all of print periodicals.
- The majority of our print periodicals can be found on the second floor of the LLC.
- Current newspapers can be found on the main floor across from the Library Services Desk.
Online journals, newspapers & magazines
- Online periodicals can be found using Sofia.
- You can also use our databases to search for online journals. A list of our databases can be found on our A-Z Database page.
- If you know the title of the periodical you are looking for, you can use our E-Journals page to find what if the periodical is available online and which database you can use to access it.
- The Library Learning Commons (LLC) has 9 small study rooms and 6 large study rooms that are available for group study and work.
- Small study rooms can accommodate up to 5-6 people.
- Large study rooms can accommodate up to 8-10 people.
- Bookings are limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day, per group.
- Time slots may be reserved 4 weeks in advance.
- For any exceptions or special requests, please speak with someone at the Library Services Desk.
- Anyone found to be abusing the system or using it unfairly may have their bookings cancelled, and repeat offenders may be banned from using the booking system.
- There are computers around the building that Bishop's users can use.
- You can use your Bishop's username and password to login to any of the public computers located in the Library Learning Commons
- There are multiple ways a Bishop's student or faculty member can print in the LLC.
- Interlibrary loans is a free service available to all Bishop's students and faculty.
- Interlibrary loans allows you to borrow materials from other libraries in Canada.
- Bishop's students and faculty are welcome to meet with a librarian to get help with questions about research, finding materials and citing resources.
- Today's Research Assistance hours can be found on the left-hand side of this page.
- Contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 819-822-9600 ext. 2608
- Text: 819-201-0354
- Or visit us at the Research Help Desk!
- The Research Assistance desk is located at the Library Services Desk on the main floor of the Library Learning Commons (LLC). For directions to the Research Help Desk, click the map below.